Welcome to our shop. Come on in!
This is the place to buy edible snails Helix aspersa maxima, if you want to cook snails, rear your own snails for the table, keep snails as pets or buy a present for a snail fan. We can also obtain Helix aspersa muller for you if you prefer.
For wholesale orders visit:
This is one of the very few snail farms in England where you can buy fresh live Helix aspersa maxima ready prepared for cooking. If you are having a dinner party you can also buy fully prepared snails in delicious garlic and herb butter.
If you want to rear your own snails at home the why not sign up for a course. We can supply you with breeders, information and snail food to grow your own.
Our mini snail farms make the perfect educational gift, providing an ideal way for children to learn about looking after living things. Adults enjoy looking after snails too so why not give them a snail smallholder pack as a gift?
We also have beautiful empty shells available for sale to collectors and artists on the understanding that they are not sterile and not suitable for food use. Please email with your requirements.
If you are buying this place on a day course as a gift we will send you a gift voucher. This is what you will get:
By the end of this short course you will have the knowledge to be able to farm edible snails (in UK). The course can be tailored to suit your particular learning needs. You will have the opportunity to see snail breeding in action from egg to table, both indoors and outdoors, depending on the time of year.
The main elements that the course will cover include:
1. Basic snail biology and the different species of edible snail.
2. Everything about raising Helix aspersa maxima including optimum environmental conditions; predators and pests; indoor and outdoor rearing options; feeding and breeding.
3. Harvesting, preparing and cooking snails – with practical demonstration if required.
4. The business side of farming edible snails – you will be referred to the government website for general information on running a small business.
5. Other sources of support and information
If you want to bring a business partner with you then the extra person will be accomodated for a small additional cost of £75 if there is sufficient space. Please email to confirm the arrangements.
A Smallholder pack can be added for the reduced price of a further £25.